Smashing Ideas Program Managers have extensive experience leading long-term, client programs to launch a range of large-scale, complex digital projects. The PM uses their exceptional project management skills to oversee the day-to-day operations of cross-functional teams, focusing on maximizing team performance and meeting program objectives.
- Responsible for managing the entire program life-cycle, from initial pitch through program planning, budgeting and resourcing, scope management, and program delivery
- Lead, support and motivate multi-disciplinary teams in delivering successful program outcomes, leveraging each team member’s skills and experience.
- Based on budget, capacity and skillset, create and manage staff plans and schedules for each project.
- Contribute to program management process and practice improvements.
- Provide direction on business decisions and in the execution of projects.
- Effectively manage day-to-day internal team, client and stakeholder expectations throughout the program lifecycle, including proactively mitigating and escalating risks
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and create contingency plans.
- Oversee and coordinate all project documentation, including project briefs, client-facing reports, and knowledge transfer.
- Support business development initiatives in the scoping, estimating, and pitching of new project opportunities.
Critical Thinker: You’re able to evaluate feedback and ideas from clients and team members, consider all implications and risks, and determine the best next steps and recommendations that will benefit your program.
Communicator: You know how to develop and communicate an idea to clients, how to exchange ideas with technical and creative types and how to keep your teams motivated and informed.
Negotiator: You’re comfortable discussing project scope, schedules and budgets with clients and vendors, as well as working out program details with internal teams.
Problem Solver: You can anticipate most issues before they occur, and you can find solutions quickly and effectively.
Collaborator: You build and nurture positive working relationships with clients, partners, and internal teams.
- Minimum of five years experience leading teams and collaborating on large-scale, complex digital projects within an agency environment.
- High level of ownership, enthusiasm, and a collaborative, professional temperament.
- Proven supervisory, mentoring, and talent development skills.
- Ability to be attentive and responsive to client concerns.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time and technical constraints.
- Ability to establish effective collaborative working relationships across different functional areas.
- Strong working knowledge of current web, mobile and connected technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced training or certification required.
- Scrum Master or Product Owner Certification preferred.
- Experience working with and building remote teams is a plus.
- Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or product management is a plus.
* Smashing Ideas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** This is an onsite position in our beautiful Seattle, WA office. This is not a Telecommute/Remote Work position.