Smashing Ideas makes things that matter. We value design-thinking, experience-focused products, and accessibility in all our products. We're looking to grow our web-technology team by adding an experienced software developer with a real passion for crafting efficient, maintainable back-end services. We take pride in the things we build, and hope you do too. You will work in hybrid teams featuring folks with a vast variety of skills and specialties, from app and service developers, to UX researchers, content strategists, and visual designers.
We want to hear from you if:
- Your interests run from the very top of the stack all the way down to the sub-sub-basement.
- You love expressing ideas as prototypes and experiments.
- You know how to learn, and are passionate about learning new things.
- You care, earnestly, about the people using your code, from fellow and future developers to customers of customers.
- You have and can express your opinions, but are always willing to hear out others and incorporate new information and viewpoints.
- You are kind and empathetic, and value those traits in others.
- You've been doing this long enough (likely 3+ years) to appreciate the difficulty in getting to a 1.0 release (hopefully with a few stories to share).
- You enjoy sharing what you know, and learning from others.
On any given day, you'll find yourself:
- Interacting with clients and peers to understand their needs and arrive at meaningful solutions.
- Designing, evaluating, and documenting robust server-side applications and services that provide the technical backbone of our efforts and products.
- Authoring well-reasoned, well-tested code emphasizing data-backed APIs, infrastructure automation, and service reliability.
- Auditing existing code and processes for security vulnerabilities, reliability, and efficiency.
The technologies you'll have an opportunity to work with include:
- Browser-centric tooling and frameworks like Sass, Browserify, Webpack, Vue.js, React, Polymer, and more.
- 3rd party APIs, content services, SSO providers, distributed data platforms, and more.
It would be great if you're excited to learn more about:
- Continuous Integration/Deployment systems like Jenkins, Drone, and TravisCI with a emphasis on container based infrastructures using Docker.
- Web workers and progressive web apps.
- AWS infrastructure tools like CloudFormation and Elastic Container Service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team and inclusive environment.