As a Senior UX Strategist at SI, you are a critical component of the cross-functional team responsible for guiding the informed creative, technical, and business decisions about how to achieve a client's objectives through customer engagement. The Senior Strategist is part scientist, part snake charmer. She unearths and exposes the core insight – the human truth that becomes our north star – and keeps the vision alive and focused through user research, data, and a strong eye on the market and competition. This is NOT a role in marketing and advertising; this position is focused on championing users' needs and desires throughout product development in order to deliver an experience that speaks directly to what people actually want. Your job is not to sell what's made - your job is to help make what's desired.
A Senior Strategist is responsible for leading 4 areas of strategic thinking and experience planning:
1. Problem Definition & Strategic Approach
- Collaborate with Engagement Manager and clients to understand and communicate in-depth knowledge of a business environment, including:
- general business processes
- target audiences/customer attributes
- organizational “pain"
- organizational readiness for implementing connected, engaging solutions
- Work with Engagement Manager and clients to define and prioritize their business challenges, goals and opportunities. Outline strategic approach for team to achieve objectives.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how they will be measured. Support the EM in keeping team focused on these KPIs.
- Provide team and client with additional marketplace, vertical and competitive insights.
- Drive formulation of insights-based hypotheses for ways to approach a given project.
2. Customer, Culture, Technology and Context Insights
- Collaborate with client to identify, understand and communicate existing research
- Lead gap analysis to understand and recommend additional research (if needed)
- Recommend and estimate (with +/- 5% accuracy) additional research, workshops, or other “add-on” activities for clients to improve product experience
- Conduct qualitative, quantitative, market scan and competitive research
- With EM, deliver business, category and competitive insights to increase the knowledge of the team and expand the revenues of the client base
- With UX, feed customer behavior insights and design insights into the team
- Establish desired behavior change goals for target personas
3. Experience Strategy
- In partnership with User Experience lead and Engagement Manager lead, delivers insight-based experience map for target personas. Works with game design SME to map engagement loops etc against business objectives.
- In partnership with EM, establish content cadence for distribution/engagement touch points
- With UX architect, plan and lead engagement mapping exercise with clients
- Write strategic creative brief – redefine creative brief if necessary
- Plan and conduct creative briefing. Provide idea springboards (thought starters) as part of this exercise
4. Measurement Strategy and Insights
- Plan data measurement against customer business goals.
- Efficiently analyze data and make recommendations for product improvements/refinements.
- Demonstrated experience identifying a core insight that delivered a big idea
- Experience in a lead, client-facing role for a large customer
- Ability to present confidently and persuasively to large and small groups of executive-level clients
- Experience leading multiple forms of customer research – survey, contextual, ethnographic, analytics, as examples
- Experience crafting insight-driven creative briefs
- Demonstrated understanding of the key technical and creative elements required to build a successful digital experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a room
- Relentless in consumption of applicable business, consumer and cultural information
- Collaborative work style, with a bias toward action
- Certificate or Master’s degree in Human-Centered Design & Engineering
- Background in Design Strategy, User Experience Research, or related field
*This is an onsite position in our Seattle, WA office. Must be willing to work onsite, or willing to relocate.
**Must be eligible to work in the US. No visa sponsorship available for this role.
***Principals only, please. No recruiter inquiries.