At Smashing Ideas, we make things that matter. We’re a team of creative pioneers partnering with Global 500 companies to create groundbreaking digital products and services (think mobile apps, AR/VR, websites, internet-of-things, etc.). We take complex challenges and use a combination of business strategy, user experience design, and technical aptitude to craft cutting-edge solutions that transform the lives of end-users. Our team is comprised of fun, curious, and brilliantly eccentric individuals collaborating in an environment that nurtures creativity and exploration. Put simply, we solve hard problems and make some really cool things.
As a Strategist at SI, you are a critical component of the cross-functional team responsible for guiding the informed creative, technical and business decisions about how to achieve a client's objectives through customer engagement. You help facilitate the path and frame the opportunity for colleagues in the creative, developer, engagement management and production teams to ideate, define and design the most engaging experiences possible.
What You'll Do:
A Strategist will focus on four areas of strategic thinking and experience planning:
1. Problem Definition & Strategic Approach
- Work with Engagement Manager to understand and communicate in-depth knowledge of a client’s business environment, including general business processes, target audiences/customer attributes, organizational “pain”, marketing communications strategy, and organizational readiness for implementing connected, engaging solutions
- Work with Program Management, Engagement, and clients to define and prioritize their business challenges, goals and opportunities. Outline strategic approach for team to achieve objectives.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how they will be measured.
- Provide team and client with additional marketplace, vertical and competitive insights
- Capture and share insights via User Experience Strategy Worksheet
- Drive formulation of insights-based hypotheses for ways to approach a given project
2. Customer, Business and Cultural Insight
- Identify existing research and gaps in knowledge
- Recommend and conducts qualitative, quantitative, market scan and competitive research (within reason) to prove/disprove hypotheses
- Deliver business, category and competitive insights to increase the knowledge of the team and expand the revenues of the client base
- With UX, feed customer behavior insights into personas
- Establish desired behavior change goals for target personas
3. Engaging Experience Strategy
- In partnership with User Experience lead and Engagement Manager lead, delivers insight-based experience map for target personas. Works with game design SME to map engagement loops etc against business objectives.
- In partnership with EM, establish content cadence for distribution/engagement touch points
- With UX architect, plan and lead engagement mapping exercise with clients
- Write strategic creative brief – redefine creative brief if necessary
- Plan and conduct creative briefing. Provide idea springboards (thought starters) as part of this exercise
4. Measurement Strategy and Insights
- Plan data measurement against customer business goals. Efficiently analyze data and make recommendations for product improvements/refinements.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Experience in relationship building, client-facing roles
- Awareness and understanding of business strategy and digital strategy
- Experience in requirements gathering
- Experience in crafting creative briefs
- Understanding of the key technical and creative elements required to build a successful digital experience
- Ability to successfully craft and communicate your vision with clients and team members
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Must be persuasive, knowledgeable and confident – internally and externally.
- Relentless in consumption of applicable business, consumer and cultural information
- Collaborative work style
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team and inclusive environment.
** This is an onsite position in our beautiful Seattle, WA office. This is not a Telecommute/Remote Work position.